The Ticket Sales Assistant’s overall responsibility is to provide courteous and effective customer service when selling memberships, donations, performances, workshops and museum activities at the Center for Puppetry Arts. This is a Part-Time position primarily Saturday and Sunday each week as well as occasional weekdays when needed.
- Sell tickets to all events at the Center for Puppetry Arts
- Process group sales orders and follow through with all procedures including confirmation of orders and finalizing payment of orders with group leaders
- Sell memberships to all customers.
- Support the Ticket Sales Director and Ticket Sales Supervisor as needed.
- Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and around holidays, as needed.
- Sales Calls when needed to groups to encourage early booking
- Flexible with work schedule. Primary work is on weekends and Mondays.
Position requires ability to:
- Demonstrate exceptional skills in customer relations, communications and problem-solving.
- Operate windows based computerized ticketing system preferably Tessitura ticketing system
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, patrons, and others encountered in the course of employment.
- Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or G.E.D. and one (1) year ticket related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferable with the Tessitura ticketing system.
Send resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Ticket Sales Director, Center for Puppetry Arts, 1404 Spring Street, Atlanta, GA 30309. No phone calls, please.