Classification: Exempt Work schedule: Full-time Reports to: Director of Marketing and Communications Department: Ticket Services Salary range: DOE
Berkeley Repertory Theatre, a Tony Award-winning theatre company in Berkeley, CA, seeks a highly motivated individual to oversee all operational aspects of box office, subscription, and web ticketing for a seven-show season and special events, while establishing and maintaining policies and practices that assure the delivery of top-notch customer service in all areas.
The ideal candidate will bring experience, enthusiasm, and vision to build a strong team; is comfortable in a fast-paced environment where priorities can shift on short notice; enjoys working both independently and collaboratively; and takes pride in representing a dynamic, artistically driven institution with an international reputation.
Compensation DOE. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible position. Benefits include medical, dental, and participation in Berkeley Rep’s 403(b) retirement plan, among others.
Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to
- Develop, set, and enforce policies and procedures for box office staff to support the highest level of customer service.
- Daily operational management of the box office, including staff training, scheduling, and supervision; oversight and implementation of monetary practices and protocols as well as quality control procedures for ticket order entries.
- Maintenance and testing in Tessitura for production builds, patron records, dynamic pricing, and subscription packages, in coordination with marketing and IT teams; ensure productions are accurately built and maintained in consignment channels.
- Provide accurate and reconciled daily, weekly, and run-of-show sales reports to marketing, finance, and production.
- Act as the liaison to internal departments to ensure that ticketing needs are met for sponsors, VIPs, artists, and staff.
- Execute other duties as assigned.
Preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications
- Minimum 3–5 years supervisory experience in a customer-focused ticketing operation; arts and culture experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of equivalent education or experience.
Knowledge, skills, abilities
- Tessitura experience required; fluency strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Strong management and customer service skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and commitment to follow-through.
- Demonstrated success of initiating innovations in practice and process.
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and set priorities.
- Ability to maintain grace under fire, sense of humor, diplomacy, and flexibility.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Love and knowledge of theatre preferred.
Berkeley Rep offers a diverse, congenial, casual environment conducive to professional growth.
Position available immediately. Qualified candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and a résumé without delay. Berkeley Rep will contact candidates of interest. Please, no calls.
Email submissions only. Send only PDF files, no web links, to email@example.com with “Ticket Services Manager” in the subject line. Only complete submissions will be considered.