The Gallery Ambassador position combines the responsibilities of art protection with museum information and art appreciation. The primary responsibility of a Gallery Ambassador is the safety of the artwork and enforcement of museum policies. A Gallery Ambassador is responsible for monitoring the gallery spaces and protecting the art while engaging with the public to answer questions and provide information about the exhibits and the Hammer. A Gallery Ambassador also provides exceptional customer service by greeting visitors as they enter the galleries and ensuring that all guests have proper access.
DAYS/HOURS: Approximately 15 hrs/week, or as needed for operations. Must be able to commit to a set schedule each quarter.
- Ability to work a variable schedule of 3-4 five hour shifts per week; must be available Tuesday-Friday, from 3:15pm-8:15pm
- Registered UCLA Undergraduate or UCLA Extension student,
- Experience/interest in working in a dynamic environment with both fast-paced and slower settings,
- Customer service experience/interest,
- Ability to stand for long periods of time,
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills,
- Friendly and outgoing, able to conduct oneself in a polite and professional manner in a variety of situations
- Ability to assert oneself when needed in order to enforce policies and protect artwork
- Ability to use good judgment and to respond to visitor feedback and inquiries,
- Experience with, knowledge of, appreciation for, or interest in visual art, especially contemporary.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and work availability to [email protected] with “Gallery Ambassador” in the subject line.