Do you have a passion for bringing people together through art? Get involved and join the NextNOW Fest team! The Clarice’s Artist Partner Programs are looking for a student graphic designer who will create NextNOW Fest 2020’s visual branding standards.
Qualifications About NextNOW Fest
Held each September at The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center, NextNOW Fest is a multi-day, multi-arts festival that features music, theatre and dance performances, as well as comedy, spoken word, film, visual art installation and other artistic experiences. By amplifying the voices of intriguing, inventive artists from around campus and the country, NextNOW Fest creates a forward-looking microcosm where art shapes and transforms our future.
NextNOW Fest 2020 marks the festival’s sixth year, and it will take place in September 2020. All festival planning and execution is guided and supported by staff of The Clarice Smith Performing Arts Center and the College of Arts and Humanities.
April 2020 – September 2020 in varying commitments:
- April 2020 – May 2020: 15 Hours/Week
- June 2020 – August 2020: 30 Hours/Week
- September 2020: 20 Hours/Week
- Create NextNOW Fest 2020’s festival campaign artwork and identity based on established marketing strategy in consultation with professional Performing Arts at Maryland graphic designers
- Engage in full creative process of a diverse range of print and digital projects from brainstorming to implementation
- Create and implement design feedback on festival print and digital assets including posters, flyers, signage and giveaway merchandise
- Actively participate in regularly scheduled promotions, curatorial, creative direction and project management meetings
- Traffic necessary assets for review and approval
- Work closely with NextNOW Fest’s promotions team in the identification and creation of giveaway merchandise
For best consideration, apply by Wednesday, October 14, 2015.