The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment dining and nightlife brands: Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Vandal. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
As an Usher you will promote positive guest/client experience. Uphold commitment of MSG “Circle of Service” standards and MSG’s Mission and Values.
- Maintain professional manner, presence, and appearance at all times while on premises
- Arrive for scheduled shift on time and wear proper MSG approved uniform while on duty.
- Check aisles, rows, and seats prior to the house opening to ensure cleanliness. Alert House Manager of any issues prior to opening.
- Check designated area to be sure all emergency exit pathways are clear and accessible prior to opening. Alert House Manager of any issues prior to opening.
- Welcome guests to the MSG Chicago Theatre with a smile and friendly demeanor.
- Assist patrons to their seats efficiently and professionally.
- Check, tear or scan patron’s tickets.
- Answer patron questions and concerns about the building and the event in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Problem solve patron incidents. Alert the House Manager of patron issues/problems.
- Be prepared to take an active role in Emergency Operations procedures (evacuation plan) through on-going training and drills.
- Turn in any Lost and Found items to the House Manager immediately.
- Communicate any building deficiencies, security concerns, or safety issues to the House Manager.
- Utilize a bullhorn and radio to direct guests.
- Ensure that the rules and regulations of the MSG Chicago Theatre are being adhered to.
- Assemble VIP bags and at times work private parties.
- Assist the Merchandise department with stocking, and food preparation.
- Assist the custodial department with cleaning of theatre.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work with large crowds.
- Must be able to tolerate and work in a loud work environment.
- Must keep a neat personal appearance.
- Must be receptive to working outside in inclement weather.
- Must be comfortable with heights.
- Should be comfortable with heavy lifting of program boxes.
- Must be willing to rotate to various positions within a shift.
- Must be comfortable working with wheelchairs and disabled guests.
This position works nights, weekends and holidays.
ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A FULLY COMPLETED APPLICATION AND COMPLETE THE ON-LINE ASSESSMENT IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDER FOR THIS POSITION.