The Skirball Cultural Center seeks a warm, friendly, flexible self-starter with excellent communication skills to fill the position of Limited-Term Visitor Experience and Membership Sales Representative. From April 20 through September 6, 2020, the schedule will be 34 hours/week (Wednesday–Sunday, with three 11:30 am–5:30 pm shifts and two 9:30 am–5:30 pm shifts), plus approximately 15 hours (evening shifts on Thursdays nights for the Skirball’s summertime Sunset Concerts series).
- Greet, welcome, and engage with Skirball visitors in a warm, professional, and outgoing manner.
- Provide information about the Skirball—including detailed information about Skirball Membership—to prospective Members, current Members, and general visitors at the welcome desk and in the lobby. Engage in discussion to promote membership sales.
- Orient visitors and answer questions regarding programs, ticket sales, and general information.
- Process membership sales in Altru database during public museum hours.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using Altru ticketing system. Process and clean up Altru database records relating to membership.
- Resolve any ticketing issues efficiently while providing exceptional customer service. Handle all transactions with attention to detail, discretion, and security.
- Work closely with Security, Porters, and Volunteers at the membership desk to help the lobby run smoothly and ensure a positive visitor experience.
- Share visitor experiences and weekend activity reports with manager and other senior staff as requested.
- Utilize strong computer and math skills to account for receipts, prepare routine reports, and identify and resolve errors.
- Ability to work the required schedule
- Prior ticketing/box office experience desired. Familiarity with Altru ticketing system, Raiser’s Edge, Tessitura, or eTapestry software, or similar database/ticketing system, a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and verbal communication skills and a friendly, professional demeanor with visitors of all demographics
- Excellent attention to detail, effectiveness as a team player, and ability to identify and solve problems with flexibility in a changing environment
- Ability to convey the Skirball’s mission and share information about its programs, exhibitions, and other offerings with visitors
- Bilingual (English-Spanish) proficiency a plus
The Skirball Cultural Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) dedicated to diversity, inclusion, accessibility, and equity. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, criminal history in accordance with the law, or any other legally protected characteristics. Everyone is encouraged to apply for available employment to ensure our staff reflects the diversity of our visitors and surrounding community.
Please send resume and cover letter, preferably by email, to:
Re: Limited Term VE and Membership Sales Rep
Skirball Cultural Center
2701 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90049
FAX: (310) 440-4595