General Summary:? The Visitor Services Agent – Custodial is responsible maintaining sanitary conditions within the zoo grounds. This position is also required to respond to guest inquiries in a way that promotes a positive Zoo experience, and demonstrates unparalleled customer service.?
- Interact in a consistently pleasant and helpful manner to fellow employees, guests, vendors, and other visitors of the Zoo and demonstrate the highest standards of internal and external customer service;
- Conduct cleaning in assigned areas to include vacuuming, emptying trash and cleaning bathrooms;
- Maintain sanitary conditions of the non-public and public restrooms within the zoo grounds;
- Order supplies for bathrooms and distribute accordingly;
- Provide guests with information on all aspects of the Zoo experience such as exhibits, on-ground activities (including times and locations), routes through the Zoo, construction, shuttle, and membership information;
- Provide guest control, including challenging situations;
- Use a campus wide radio system to communicate information;
- Ensure guest safety at all times;
- Perform other duties as assigned; and,
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the Zoo.
Communication (Internal and External):
- Responsible for keeping Director, Managers, and Supervisors fully updated on any issues that may occur during daily operations;
- Respond appropriately to guests? questions, comments, or concerns;
- Communicate with fellow Visitor Services Agents by radio contact as needed following Zoo radio etiquette and protocol at all times; and,
- Contact an appropriate staff member necessary to resolve guest issues.
Management of Resources (financial, human resources, facilities):
- Assist in maintaining accurate documentation in compliance with safety standards to include daily checklists, maintenance logs, and training hour logs.