General Summary: The Visitor Services Agent – Ride Operator is responsible for safely transporting guests between designated areas in a way which promotes a positive Zoo experience and demonstrates unparalleled customer service. This position requires a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and special events. The Visitor Services Agent will report directly to the Director of Visitor Services Operations and Visitor Services Manager(s). This position is not responsible for maintenance or repairs on equipment.
- To transport guests safely to and from designated locations on the shuttle and train;
- A secondary assignment may include operating the carousel;
- Interact in a consistently pleasant and helpful manner to fellow employees, guests, vendors, and other visitors of the Zoo and demonstrate the highest standards of internal and external customer service;
- Assist with completing daily operations checklist on zoo shuttle;
- Use train and shuttle intercoms to greet and welcome guests, provide safety instructions, and make any other necessary announcements;
- Monitor guests? behavior to ensure their safety on and around the shuttle, train, and carousel;
- Load and unload responsibilities associated with Zoo shuttle, train, and carousel;
- Safely and efficiently assist with operating assigned equipment;
- Ensure cleanliness of all shuttle cars and train, including shuttle and train stops and surrounding areas;
- Provide guest control, including challenging situations;
- Provide guests with information on all aspects of the Zoo experience such as exhibits, on-ground activities (including times and locations), routes through the Zoo, construction, shuttle, train, and membership information;
- Monitor and validate memberships of guests at the Zoo entrance as needed;
- Perform other duties as assigned; and,
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the Zoo.
Communication (Internal and External):
- Responsible for keeping Director, Managers, and Supervisors fully updated on any issues that may occur during daily operations;
- Respond appropriately to guests? questions, comments, or concerns;
- Communicate with Zoo staff by radio contact as needed following proper radio etiquette and protocol at all times; and,
- Contact an appropriate staff member necessary to resolve guest issues.
Management of Resources (financial, human resources, facilities):
- Assist in maintaining accurate documentation in compliance with safety standards to include daily checklists, maintenance logs, and training hours logs; and,
- Distribute Zoo literature, including but not limited to: maps, event flyers and comment cards, while maintaining accurate supply of the same.