General Summary: The Visitor Services Agent-Ticket Sales is a significant position responsible for creating an exceptional guest experience that is exciting, engaging, and entertaining. All Visitor Service Ticket Sales Agents will provide guests with information in accordance with the Zoo?s goals; including but not limited to ticket sales, membership programs, encounters, and other Zoo attractions.
- Interact in a consistently pleasant and helpful manner to fellow employees, guests, vendors, and other visitors of the Zoo and demonstrate the highest standards of internal and external customer service;
- Receive and verify accurate distribution of opening cash;
- Perform accurate and efficient monetary transactions and maintain precise daily records;
- Take responsible measures to safeguard all acquired revenue;
- Reconcile daily transactions with Cash Room including all cash, charges, and discounts;
- Provide guests with information on all aspects of the Zoo experience such as exhibits, on-ground activities (including times and locations), routes through the Zoo, construction, Shuttles, train, and membership program information;
- Provide guest control, including challenging situations;
- Use a campus wide radio system to communicate information;
- Maintain cleanliness at work locations;
- Ensure guest safety at all times;
- Load and unload guest responsibilities associated with Zoo shuttles;
- Load and unload guest responsibilities associated with amusement rides;
- If reassigned due to business need, assist with completing daily preventative maintenance on all Zoo rides, shuttle, and train;
- Monitor and validate memberships of guests at the Zoo entrance;
- Promote all sales functions at the main gate, including but not limited to; general admission, train tickets, wristbands, carousel vouchers, camel rides (seasonally), penguin encounters as well as membership sales and fulfillments.
- Promote sales in a manner that will enable the Zoo to meet or exceed established annual membership program sales goals
- Perform other duties as assigned; and,
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the Zoo.
Communication (Internal and External):
- Responsible for keeping the Director, Managers, and Supervisors fully updated on any issues that may occur during daily operations;
- Respond appropriately to guests? questions, comments, or concerns;
- Communicate with fellow Visitor Services Agents by radio contact as needed following Zoo radio etiquette and protocol at all times; and,
- Contact an appropriate staff member necessary to resolve guest issues.
Management of Resources (financial, human resources, facilities):
- Assist in maintaining accurate documentation in compliance with safety standards to include daily checklists, maintenance logs, and training hours logs;
- Meet guidelines of the Cash Discrepancy policy on a consistent basis;
- Distribute Zoo literature, including but not limited to: maps, and event flyers, while maintaining accurate supply of the same; and,
- Monitor guests? behavior to ensure their safety on and around the rides, shuttle, and train.