The Madison Square Garden Company (MSG) is a world leader in live sports and entertainment experiences. The company presents or hosts a broad array of premier events in its diverse collection of iconic venues: New York’s Madison Square Garden, Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall and Beacon Theatre; the Forum in Inglewood, CA; and The Chicago Theatre. Other MSG properties include legendary sports franchises: the New York Knicks (NBA) and the New York Rangers (NHL); two development league teams – the Westchester Knicks (NBAGL) and the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL); and esports teams through Counter Logic Gaming, a leading North American esports organization, and Knicks Gaming, MSG’s NBA 2K League franchise. In addition, the Company features the popular original production – the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes – and through Boston Calling Events, produces New England’s preeminent Boston Calling Music Festival. Also under the MSG umbrella is TAO Group Hospitality, a world-class hospitality group with globally-recognized entertainment, dining and nightlife brands including Tao, Marquee, Lavo, Avenue, Beauty & Essex and Cathédrale. More information is available at www.themadisonsquaregardencompany.com
Specific Functions/Activities Summary
- Undertake investigations of alleged fraud, waste, financial corruption, misconduct, ensuring objectivity, impartiality and fairness throughout investigative processes in accordance with generally recognized international investigative standards and MSG guidelines
- Formulate investigation plans, review and analyze all information to determine its relevance and reliability, conduct interviews of staff and other involved parties, record interviews, obtain and analyze potential documentary and electronic evidence, conduct investigative research, prepare draft investigation reports, and present investigative results in a clear written form
- Prepare reports and ad hoc briefs pertaining to investigations in coordination with the SVP of Fraud and Compliance, and others as appropriate
- Prepare recommendations for corrective action and improved controls and effectiveness or efficiency of MSG operations
- Support the preparation of work plans and the prioritization of investigative work in consultation with Compliance Unit management. Monitor and assist the work of contracted specialists as appropriate.
- Respond to subpoenas and providing timely and accurate evidence to law enforcement agencies, as well as responsible for tracking of losses resulting from fraudulent transactions.
- Responsible for processing and appropriate disposition of fraudulent items by gathering information and presenting documentary evidence in an accurate and timely manner. Works with members to identify transactions, identifies potential suspects, completes necessary paperwork, and eliminates future fraudulent transactions.
- Responsible for filing Fraudulent Check Crime Reports, Bad Check Reports, and Fraudulent Credit Card Reports with appropriate entities in a timely manner.
- Maintain awareness of new fraud techniques and security developments for counteracting fraud, develop or assist in the development of fraud training programs, as needed.
- Assist with periodic reviews of existing policies and procedures to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness in accordance with evolving regulations, legal requirements, and industry trends. Make appropriate updates as necessary.
- Three years to five years of similar or related experience, preferably within an entertainment industry.
- CFE preferred
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate mathematical skills required (calculations and concepts involving decimals, percentages, fractions, etc.).
- Possess strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Must possess high degree of confidentiality & ethical standards.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
- Considerable judgment is required. Must analyzed complicated factual situations, apply functional principles and develop solutions
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.