Ignite your curiosity this summer—apply for the Exploratorium’s Welcome to Work Internship Program. The Web Development Intern will work with various teams in the organization, primarily embedded within the Online Media (OM) department. OM staff are creative thinkers and makers who design, develop, and maintain the Exploratorium website, online experiences, and mobile applications. This role will also work closely with the Editorial and Graphics departments.
About This Position
- Learn about various Exploratorium web properties
- Gain hands-on web development experience
- Partner with various stakeholders to create a cohesive experience for staff and site visitors
You are seeking an opportunity to practice the skills you have been learning in an educational space. Skills you will bring and expand upon are:
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and an ability to organize and set priorities with a commitment to continuous improvement
- You are currently studying computer science or related subjects
Hours and Benefits
This is a temporary, part-time (28 hours per week), nonexempt position. Participants must be able to be physically present in San Francisco for the duration of the internship: June 15–August 15, 2020. Weekly schedule is flexible within the hours of 9:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m Monday–Friday. The position is eligible for benefits beginning August 1, 2020.
Completed applications are due Monday, February 24, 2020 (midnight PST). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Exploratorium is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity, inclusion and respect. We welcome and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.